Latest News

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Can a husky live in an apartment?


Scenarios

"My husky disturbs me, he destroyed everything in my house".

 "I fear that my house is  too small for him". 

 "I do not want my husky either sad or bored". 

 "My husky is mad because of  lack of exercise ". 

 "And if the dog barks and howls, will he disturbs the people in my building? ". 

 "Will we spend a winter, my couch will not look like anything. it will be all brooded with hair. »

 -The point 

 I heard and seen dozens of times, "whether the husky can live in an apartment", before adopting a pet asking is very necessary and I thank those who asked the same question.


 -My answer


Yes, he can live in an apartment, but you have to keep in mind four aspects about this race, if you want to get the answer yourself.

-Arguments

-It takes a lot of sport

-Are you naturally athletic? The husky needs to move daily!

It can quickly become destructive if bored and not walking enough. He needs to move and look very sharp. In order to live happily, it needs a daily trainning and occupation.

In addition to satisfy his requirements, adopt a husky in your apartment requires some bored offset by additional energy expenditure.

We forget the backyard or a similar space, if you have it. It takes sport, true, with sweat;)

In generally 1 to 2 hours promenades per day.

The morning before going to work, do a run of 30-40 min. It will set you up for the day and your husky will be somewhat satisfied.

In the evening when you get back home, it will be all excited by seeing you. On the spell, Let him run a bit, run with him then some more quiet ride time, when it finishes let him guide you to the apartment.

Siberians do not bark, he screams and "speaks"

This is an advantage of husky He does not bark at all goes as some dogs. This is not a guard dog, so the street noise will not excite.

For cons, the husky likes to talk and sometimes screams. This is what can happen if you are often absent, he is bored, expresses sadness sometimes even he hears a noise that excites him.

But overall, he is rather quiet cute creature, so he should not be a concern to live in apartments.

Each season the husky molt. You should know this, in the winter, his fur is gaining volume, but by the coming of summer, it thins and loses a lot of hair.

This is one of the leading causes of abandonment. Yes husky loses a lot of hair during molting. That's why you have to clean your apartments everyday or even several times a day.

The husky lives in groups

Do you already have a dog? Will he alone? The husky is a dog that lives in within a group. If in addition to being in an apartment, it is clear he will be alone, it is indeed a double punishment for the dog that is likely to turn around and being unhappy.

Here is real Huskies experienced  living in an apartment

Two huskies speak and explain how they were able to live in an apartment:

"I am a husky 2 years old and I live in an apartment of 90m². Wednesday afternoon 2h minimum one leaves me in the forest and 4am on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday. I'm unchained so I can run and spend my leisure. My teachers have confidence but I have a hard time resisting my exploring instincts. I let them sometimes for 1 hour without my news but for now I always come back. The rest of the week it makes me to " took a pee" and there are always people at home to play with me. I am also accompanied by a cat and a small dog. I have never made a mistake, except perhaps when I was little: two toys play. Sometimes I'm a little crazy, very crazy, when I have to run and play. »

"I am a husky, 9 months and I live with a couple in a 45m² apartment. It takes me 1 hour minimum, at 1:30 a day, but not for a walk. No, but for bike joring or cani-VTT. I like that. During the week, they are at work all day. On weekends they take me Cani-rando for 2 to 6 hours. We will move.In this apartment, we will not last for ever!! »

Conclusion:

 a husky apartment it is possible!

For those who say that a husky can live in an apartment, I tell them that it is possible and perhaps happier than a husky abandoned in a huge garden!!

I knew people who have adopted a husky in an apartment. He was happy because, the adopters were there for him and had the life that comfort  his breed.

They allowed them to be well and feel happy with a daily basis activities like caniVTT!
Next
This is the most recent post.
Older Post
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Can a husky live in an apartment? 9 out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.
Scroll to Top